1. The Club shall be called the Lancaster Fellwalkers.
2. The Club shall provide various grades of walks to suit the abilities
of members and promote social fellowship and enjoyment of the countryside.
3. Members shall pay an annual subscription at a level determined
by the Committee. Members who are under 18 at the beginning of the
Club financial year shall pay half the adult subscription. All members
over 18 shall pay the full subscription, excepting Honorary Life
Members. The subscription is due on 1st January, which date shall
be the beginning of the financial year.
4. The management of the Club shall be vested in a Committee consisting
of four officers (President, Vice President, Hon. Secretary and Hon.
Treasurer) and eight ordinary members, all elected for one year at
the Annual General Meeting, which shall be held in February. Retiring
committee members shall be eligible for re-election. An Hon. Auditor
shall be elected at the Annual General Meeting.
5. The Committee shall co-opt one or two persons if necessary.
6. Fifty percent of elected members, including at least one Officer,
shall constitute a quorum at a Committee meeting.
7. Extraordinary expenditure
(i.e. beyond routine business such as coach hire, administrative
than £50 per item
will require the agreement of the Committee. Such expenditure may
be discussed at an ordinary meeting of the committee or a meeting
convened especially for the purpose. The Committee may delegate consideration
of extraordinary expenditure to a sub-committee. The sub-committee
shall have a minimum of three members, two of whom shall be the Treasurer
and another Officer.
8. The committee shall conduct
the day to day affairs of the club and meet as often as the club’s
activities dictate. There shall be at least 6 meetings per year.
9. The Committee shall have power to recommend Honorary Life Membership
for outstanding service to the Club, provided that there are not
more than six such Honorary Life Members at any time, such recommendations
to be submitted to the Annual General Meeting for approval.
10. All nominations for membership of the Committee shall be made
in writing on the appropriate form and sent to the Hon. Secretary
at least three days before
the date fixed for the Annual General Meeting. (Further nomination
forms can be obtained from the Hon. Secretary).
11. Extraordinary General Meetings may be convened by an officer
of the Club following a signed request by two members stating the
purpose for such a meeting. A notice of one month shall be given
to all Club members of such a meeting and no other business shall
be conducted at the EGM
12. All members are expected to observe strictly Special Rules relating
to coach trips, and when rambling to submit to the ruling and guidance
of the Leader. They should not leave the party without notifying
13. In the event of dissolution of the Club, the following procedure
· An EGM shall be called by the Club Committee to vote on the proposal
to dissolve the Club.
· A two-thirds majority of members voting at such a meeting must be
in favour of the motion to effect the dissolution.
· All members shall be notified by the Committee of the intention to
dissolve the Club, in writing, at least 14 days before the EGM.
· The Committee shall be responsible for the dispersal of the Club
· The Treasurer shall be responsible for the transfer of any Club funds
remaining to some other organisation or organisations having objectives
similar to the objectives of the Club, and/or to a Mountain Rescue
group, such organisation or organisations to be determined by the
members of the Club by resolution passed at a General Meeting or,
in the absence of such a resolution, by the Committee.
14. The Club reserves the right to expel any member who breaks the
rules of the Club or, in the opinion of the Committee, brings fellwalking
or the Club into disrepute. Such an expulsion shall be voted on by
the Committee at a meeting specially convened for the purpose of
hearing the motion for expulsion. The date and venue of such a meeting
shall be decided by the Committee. No person shall be expelled unless
and until 4 weeks notice of the meeting at which his/her expulsion
is to be proposed is given. S/he shall be afforded a proper opportunity
of being heard at such a meeting to give his/her own defence and
may be accompanied by another club member to offer support and advice.
The Committee of the Club shall not be required to give any reasons
for such an expulsion except at such a meeting. Any person expelled
shall not be entitled to the return of any monies paid to the Club
15. Any matter affecting the conduct and welfare of the Club not
already governed by the above Rules shall be dealt with by the Committee.
16. The Constitution may only be altered by resolution passed by
two thirds of the members present at a General Meeting (Annual or
Extraordinary). Following notification of the resolution to the Hon.
Secretary, details of the resolution will be circulated to all Club
members six weeks prior to the General Meeting.